Our mission is to promote change and make a difference in the lives of others by supporting non-profit organisations that help those most in need in their communities. With a particular interest in programmes for children and young people, we fulfil our mission by funding effective initiatives and striving to have the greatest possible impact.
Joseph Levy led by example and stood by the familiar saying - we make a living by what we get but we make a life by what we give. Inspired by the founder and his son Lawrence, our trustees have identified a set of values which they are using to guide JLF’s activities:
- Equity and Inclusivity: recognising that some people experience greater disadvantage than others, and targeting our resources accordingly. Proactively seeking and incorporating diverse experiences in order to make better decisions.
- Connectivity and Collaboration: recognising that complex problems will require creative solutions, and using our convening power to connect people, projects and ideas.
- Commitment and Integrity: being reliable, dedicated, open, honest and clear in intention.
- Innovation and Imagination: being ambitious in what can be achieved, seeking new ways of working and enabling change, and being committed to learning and improving.
- Involvement and Joie de Vivre: being engaged with the communities and organisations that we support, and actively demonstrating a love of life and passion for what we do.